Saturday, July 7, 2012

Intention Of The Week: Connect and Grow

This is something I will begin to post weekly. My Intention Of The Week. I've found setting and intention before my yoga practice really helps.  I have something I am focusing on or striving for and gets me motivated in a tough moment during practice if one occurs.  Of course if it's good in yoga is even better for Life! It can be a goal, a feeling.  From "Make it through work today" to my intention last week "Productivity and Creativity".  By keeping this in mind, I accomplished so much!


from Mindbodygreen.com (great site!)
Last weeks intention was thrilling! What a great focus and what a great week.  I helped a book store I am getting involved with get their "feng shui" together. HaHa. Customers are responding well to it since it is equally a bookstore and a place to relax, read or have a group talk.  I met with fellow writers in my community for the first time which went very well and we are planning to begin to meet regularly.  The bookstore mentioned before, we are holding an open reading for writers which we plan to eventually get specialized and themed and there has been positive buzz about that.  I can't believe what a week I've had. Sooo much creativity and productivity all smashed into the busiest week at my job. Whoot! 


By keeping Productivity and Creativity in mind all week, I was able to be ready to get all of this done. I had an intention, which Merriam-Webster.com defines as " a determination to act in a certain way" or "what one intends to bring about". When there is something in your mind every day, all week, there is no way you can ignore it. And why would you want to? 


This weeks Intention is Connect and Grow.  Some things I can already see coming to pass are continuing to connect with my new found community, advertising for the Reading, growing as a writer and leader and connecting what I think and feel during my yoga practice to life and grow from lessons learned.  Those are only what I can think of. I pray that is not all! I am all for connecting and growing in any and all ways.  This will be an exciting week!


Now I will note, don't feel blocked in by your intention. You are allowed to have more than one at a time. Each day is different.  Consider this intention to be what you are determined to accomplish for the week as a whole. During your yoga practice one day, your intention may be to relax after a long day.  Or if you wake up in the morning drowsy your intention is to gain energy.


Anytime during the week, you may even want to make your intention a mantra. A word or phrase repeated to focus on during meditation. I would even say, as a reminder to yourself for the non yogis reading.  Last week while sitting silent for 30 minutes, I took a moment to breathe in Productivity and breathe out Creativity as if that was a process literally going on in my body. As a boost to finish the end of the week well.


So set your intention or feel feel to join me in mine. Have fun and Be Bold!


Connect and Create xoxo


~Writer Yogi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...