Monday, September 3, 2012

Meatless Monday: Broccoli Stuffed Tomatoes

Time for another yummy recipe for Meatless Monday! 

I actually made this some time last week. It's a recipe I got from an old book for Broccoli Stuffed Tomatoes. For those who don't like tomatoes, this recipe can be substituted with a potato I'm sure, or something else of the sort! Now I do hope you pardon the picture quailty. I will give you the recipe in a nutshell then give you the step by step photo instructions from my tiny hallway I call a kitchen! haha.

 Hollow out four tomatoes and boil a 10oz package of frozen chopped broccoli 


A better view of the tomatoes. I honestly used a plastic ice cream scoop to accomplish this. It was really easy!

Here is where I got creative. Drain the broccoli. I honestly have no idea what a garlic roll is so I used Mozzarella cheese, and a dash of garlic and herb spice and my liking of garlic salt. (Can you tell I tend to cook as I feel at times?) Heat it so the cheese gets melty.

Lasty, stuff the tomatoes with your cheese and broccoli mixture and place in an oven preheated at 375 degrees for 10 mins and you have a lovely meal!


Buon Appetito! Happy Meatless Monday my friends,

Chelle aka Writer Yogi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...